I just finished reading today’s post on Freelance Review titled “How happy freelancers beat the home office blues” (a link to the post is here), and it reminded me of something I jotted down a long while back. Here it is, in all its unabashed cheesery.
BTW– Bear in mind that it was written back in Sept of ’96 (when I was just 22 years old), so please, be gentle.
Ten Different Ways to Spruce Up Your Day!
- Say hello (or extend a smile) to a complete stranger.
- Pet a dog or a cat.
- Smile. They cost nothing, but boy, are they worth a lot. (see #1)
- Stop for a minute and look at the sky. Pick out shapes and characters in the clouds.
- Buy something nice for yourself– even if it’s just buying a piece of gum.
- Remind yourself that there are people in the world worse off than you.
- Take off your shoes and wiggle your toes.
- Remember: If everything seems to be going wrong, things can only get better.